12.25.2009

And the meaning of Christmas is.....

I was attending service at my mother’s home parish in Kuriannoor this past Sunday.  There was a guest preacher that day.  He was giving a Christmas message of some sort – although I couldn’t really understand it since it was all in Malayalam.

At one point in the sermon, he started getting louder and louder, as if he were building to a climax.  But before he reached that climax, the fuse for the sound system blew.  But he kept preaching, unaware that his voice wasn’t being projected to everyone in the sanctuary.  Finally the sound system was turned on again, and I heard him say in Malayalam, “now that’s the meaning of Christmas.” 

He spent all this time building up a point to explain the meaning of Christmas, but not everyone could hear it.

Pity.

There's a sermon illustration in there.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment